Monday, August 13, 2012

Could Be Worse?

I have to admit that I’m having a bad day - the kind of day when you feel that you should have called in sick and curled up under the covers.  It’s not even one of those kind of funny bad days, like when you wake up late, spill coffee on your shirt and get to work realizing you have on two different colored shoes.  It’s the kind of day that you realize you messed something up and have to pay for it.  I haven’t had one of these days in a very long time. I feel like I could cry at any moment and on top of all of this my hubby is out of town for work. Blargh, no hugs.  Although, this is one time I’m really, really happy I have a puppy who will be unbelievably happy to see me no matter how bad I messed up.

I feel that when I was in grade school I had bad days a lot more.  I’m not sure if it was because someone else was in charge of me so I had less control over my life, if I was just insulted way more (adults learn to do it behind your back), or if I was just kind of a mess as a kid.  I remember being hot all of the time (likely due to being a pudge) until I had the ingenious idea to stop wearing sweatshirts that I couldn’t take off.  Honestly, as I think about it I feel that most of my bad days were a result of being hot.  Man, why did it take me so long to figure that one out? I also remember this one day when my rage got the best of me.  I’m pretty sure some boy had taken a pair of scissors from me or something like that and he refused to give them back.  So, me being calm, cool and collected, I became infuriated and was yelling(ish) at him.  Suddenly, I think I blacked out and hit him on the head as hard as I could.  It was like I had become possessed because I was a good kid and never used physical force (except one time when it was completely warranted but that’s a story for another day). He gave me back the scissors but I immediately started crying because I felt so guilty and honestly never intended to do that. I guess looking at today I can say at least I didn’t inadvertently smack someone on the head. That probably would have been worse.

PS – I was working on the yard again and again have poison ivy rash.  No fear though, I think I got it because I forgot to use the Dawn after and it’s 95% less bad than last time. So working on the yard is no longer a complete fail, just partial. Score!

No comments:

Post a Comment