Friday, July 6, 2012

STL.


When one’s WTB husband decides to trot off to the jolly ol’ UK for 3 months what would you expect one to do? You’ve guessed it. Take a girl’s trip immediately prior to his departure. I’d like to think of it as a tad bit of revenge.  However, he probably enjoyed it more than I did (no offense K, Jon just really, really likes times away from me).  I also have this problem that a few times a year I feel trapped in my sweet Midwestern city (shocker!!) and need to get out of it.  So, as any normal person who needs to get out of their Midwestern city would do, I visited ANOTHER Midwestern city, the STL.  Brilliant.

As you might imagine the trip was full of all-consuming, dramatic and adventurous times.  Ok, that is what I would like to think happened.  Instead, it was filled with Scrabble and Boggle playing, napping, nursing a hangover, and taking photos in front of things (not actually experiencing them). Jealous, eh??  It was actually a lot of fun.  We met some interesting strangers, ie. the cabby who provided life advice that hit a little too close to home for some of us (oopsies), a bartender at the classy hotel bar passing around the rumor that K and I are on a mission to get F’ed up (real word, not just F!!), the man in the teeny tiny Arch pod holding 5 people being loud and obnoxious telling us about Whooppass, MS (insert southern accent and note to all of you outgoing people – SHUT UP when you are in a teeny tiny tram crammed with 5  people), and the old Floridian men who tried to befriend me when purchasing hotel Tylenol out of a vending machine (when you are 50, dressed in clothes like Carey Hart and carrying a 12-pack of PBR, I’m not interested in talking to you.  This should have been made clear when I continued to face in the opposite direction as you and avoid eye contact despite all of your attempts). I should have known that when my travel companion, K, who was behind the wheel on our journey there, posed the question, “Where are we going?” this was going to be a raucous vacay.

One negative thing about this trip was that I actually missed my WBT hubs A LOT.  It is a skerry thing since I was only away from him for 1/21th of the time he’ll be away (check my math 4/84 days). I guess this should be where I talk about the importance once again of the list but my bummerness about him leaving is making it difficult (I’m also extraordinarily hungry at the moment). 

Speaking of the list, I’m F’ing one thing up currently.  Hit My Goal Weight.  To be honest, this one kind of started as a cheater item.  I started the year out at 171.2, whoach.  I started doing weightwatchers and training for a 5k.  I’ve already lost about 20 lbs. so only have about 15 left.  This is still a significant amount of weight to lose but I already have momentum so that’s why I feel like I’m being a cheater.  Who is the ref though? I’m playing the game, making the rules, and reffing this shiz. This vacation + the 4th of July holiday has pushed me back quite significantly so now I have to RE-lose weight. Blargh. (Plus! I have a groupon to get some dolsot bibimbab at Riverside Korean.  Delish but soooo bad. OMG so hungry.)

It may only be 11:09am but I am off to microwave my lunch.  Yeah, yeah insert joke about being 90.

No comments:

Post a Comment