Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Gut Puncher


Welp, the whole reason for the list and the purpose of this blog have totally just gone to hell.  My WTB husband’s visa has just been denied. Now, before you think, “Good Lord what has this man done?” it wasn’t his fault, apparently.  From what I have been told (3rd hand) the UK has changed some regulations with regards to work visas and people at his level will not get them approved.  They feel that people in the UK should be able to do the work.

Punch. In. The. Gut.

I’m not going to lie, when I found out yesterday I seriously thought I was going to start crying.  I was just unbelievably sad for my WTB hubs.  He was so looking forward to it and now his dream (that may be a little dramatic) has been crushed. I was telling my friend that it bothers me so much because he is such a good person and it doesn’t make sense. Cliché – Why do bad things happen to good people?  If it happened to me it would make complete sense. I am a HORRIBLE person!

I’ve been feeling kind of down lately anyway and this news just made me feel worse.  I get that hopeless feeling that things happening has no purpose.  You might just get the crap end of the stick. However, while I wanted the WTB hubs to know how sad I was for him, I did not want to go around moping.  So, after I got off of job #2 (which is at a retail store and for the record is not a necessary evil, I just like punishing myself) I decided to take him out.  Now, please note that this was a Monday evening and I got off at 9:45.  I go to job #1 (my real work) at 630am so I usually go to bed at 10/1030/11. I felt that we needed a little pep so I didn’t tell him where we were going and took him to…drum roll… Steak and Shake.  Listen, this was all I could come up with. I have to say that whether or not our little outing helped him, it sure helped me (in the uplifting sort of way, not in the weight-losing kind since I consumed not only a chocolate shake but French fries as well). I dubbed it a mini date.

The question for you now, reader, is whether or not I will continue this blog when, as mentioned before the ENTIRE PURPOSE has diminished.  Don’t be worried, though. I find that not sharing my hilarity in print would be selfish.  I’m thinking the concept will remain the same, crossing things off of the list, I just won’t be doing it so alone.  So the title of this blog is completely worthless but it started out with good intentions so I think I’ll just leave it because just maybe in this sense things do happen for a reason.  We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment